From: Don Gordon <donaldgordon@bellsouth.net>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [LML] Re: Request for Small Amount of Hysol 9360 near Orlando, FL
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 16:43:37 -0500
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>
Message
Bob,

I have used the Hysol on many structural situations on my Lancair 320.  It is truly an amazing adhesive.  I have, for various unfortunate reasons, had the opportunity to try and separate two fiberglass parts after gluing them together with Hysol.  In every case, the Hysol did not yield and instead the fiberglass part failed in peel or tension before any of the Hysol bond gave up.

The Hysol also does exceptionally well for fiberglass to aluminum bonds as well.  I don't believe I have ever used it for an aluminum to aluminum bond (as I need for my new fuel caps) but I would expect favorable results.

I have looked at other adhesives, some offered by Aircraft Spruce, but I don't feel comfortable with any substitutions for critical bonds.  Perhaps someone with experience with these different adhesives can shed some more light on their suitability.

I don't mind paying the price of the Hysol but now that I am done with my kit, I rarely need more than a few ounces at a time and with Hysols limited shelf life, I end up wasting most of the product.  Does anyone know of a company selling (retail) Hysol 9360 in small quantities?

Don Gordon