From: Bill Wade <super_chipmunk@roadrunner.com>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Mechanical trim for IV (Reichel variant)
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 19:50:23 -0500
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>
  Thanks to all for the input. I'll have to wait a bit to see how things go together, especially the console and instrument panel area as far as space for a control wheel. For the mechanism I'm thinking along the lines of annular springs mounted on the pushrod between the crossover tube that connects both joysticks and the idler arm. The control might use an ACME thread for adustment and to prevent slippage.
 Could the stick forces in the CAFE report be used as a starting point for spring forces? It's a bit dated- have there been design changes to the tail since then? I'm also very cautious about making ANY changes to the control system.
 Anyway, I've got a few years to think about it. The freedom to make changes is what I enjoy about Experimentals!  -Bill Wade