From: Bob Smiley <rsmiley2@centurytel.net>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Any liability lawsuits?
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 18:50:47 -0500
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>
I am aware that when we build our own experimental aircraft, we become the manufacturer.  This subjects us to a product liability exposure for fifteen years after the first date of sale.

Question, has anyone to your knowledge actually been involved in a lawsuit of this nature?

I have a beautiful 360 with all the bells and whistles with a strong engine 330 hrs SMOH and prop 12 hrs SMOH and I am considering parting it out or selling the whole bird.  Any ideas?  I need to be convinced that there is no risk in selling the bird as a complete airframe.

Doug Bartells, do you have an answer for this question?

Bob Smiley
N94RJ