From: Tom McNerney <dudewanarace@yahoo.com>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Fine Tuning EGT (Results)
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 06:12:32 -0500
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>
As a few of you suggested, I was making a problem out of a non-problem.

I ran the Gami Lean Test as suggested.  The fuel flow spread was less than .1 of a gallon in normal flight.  3 out of 4 tests had the same results.  The only test that was different by some margin was still under .4 of a gallon spread.  Not sure exactly why that is.  See the spreadsheet below.

http://www.n54sg.com/images/leantest.xls

I was unable to move the probe due to the lack wire.  If I had a couple more inches on #3 I could do it,  but just not enough.  All 4 probes are installed in almost the same position.  I would think close enough if not perfect.  Either way I would say that these numbers seem to be better than most examples.  My engine monitor has a "Normalized" mode I assume for this reason.  Makes it easy to catch something out of balance.  I will be using this more often now.

Thanks for the help,  again!
Tom McNerney
N54SG.com