From: Bobby Wooten <bdwo@bellsouth.net>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Builder v Flyer
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 09:18:12 -0500
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>

Gentlemen,

I have just moved from the building stage to the flying stage as I got my Airworthiness Certificate on Nov. 13th.  I first rode in a Lancair at Oshkosh in 1989, with Don Goetz on a purchased demo flight.  It became a dream at that time, and I was finally able to purchase a kit in 1992, in the crate from an origional buyer.  There was no online place to go at that time, only the factory support.  I worked on it for a year, had it on its gear, and had to sell it in 1993 due to finacial reasons.  I was not able to start again until Oct of 2005.  I purchased kit #724-320-567 in progress.  I was a builder again.  However I discovered a lot had changed since 1993, Large tail, outback gear,  along with the fact the  320/360 had been replaced by Legacy, and factory support on a 360 is almost nill.

I started coming to the LML at that time, my reason was for build support.    LML was the only place to go.  I mostly just read because I did not feel as if I was qualifed to put in my 2 cents until I got up the nerve to ask something I really needed to explore in order to make an educated decsion.   It is true there is not much comment on building.   However if and when I asked for input it was there.  I am sure that if I knew how to research the achives that 99.9% of my questions could have been answered. Also Marv started it with the 99.9% because are we ever really finished?   Everything changes, everything evolves and adapts or it dies.

With all that said, I would like evryone to know that LML has been a positive influence on me.  I will continue to participate even now that I am 99.9%.  I will contribute in order to help if I am able,  I will not condem an opinion or lack therof.   I also will do my best to remember to resize my photos before I attempt to attach them to my post.   I want to thank Marv for his efforts.  Thank you Marv!

Bobby Don Wooten

Lancair 360

N853BW