From: Jeffrey Liegner, MD <liegner@embarqmail.com>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Manual Gear Down Hand Pump Hydralic Leak (LIVP)
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 19:09:41 -0500
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>
Manual Gear Down Hand Pump Hydralic Leak (LIVP)
My LIVP is in annual now, so I've pulled everything out for a thorough inspection (and floor vacuuming of the accumulum of dirt).

I note the gear down hand pump hydralic valve (between the front seats) has a small weeping leak of hydralic fluid.  It appears to be from the bottom gaskets or ring seals.  I'm about to dive into that subject, but I am posting to others who have dealt with it.  Lessons learned?  Best fix technique?  Complications and pitfalls encountered?  Cheaper to just replace?

Share your past experience.  Thanks.

Jeff Liegner
LIVP in New Jersey

http://www.aerocraftparts.com/Categories.aspx?Category=020d9a98-0a17-47ce-b066-e9babd4d949f