From: J H Webb <airmale4@yahoo.com>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [LML] Door seal 4P
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2008 14:42:19 -0400
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>

I have been using that system for 9 years successfully. There are reasons to recommend both locations. It would make it easier to find leaks to have it mounted in the door. But leaks are not that common.

Jack Webb

L360, LIV

BSAE

Paulding, Oh

Dear subscribers,

I am working on rebuilding an older 4P kit (serial #207).

The pressure pump for the door seal is located in the fuselage. The pressure line runs along the door and runs through a steel tubing that moves in and out of a grommet when the door moves. I suspect that this is a possible source of pressure loss in the cabin.

I saw on pictures of newer models that there are contacts in top of the door that obviously feed power to the pump (looks like the pump is now in the door).

I am wondering if I should move my pump and the pressure switch for the door seal in the door. What would be the best way to get the electric power in the door – should I run a cable from the door to the fuselage or should I go with this switch that makes contact when the door closes. I would need 4 wires (2 for the pump and 2 for the switch).

Thanks for your advise.

Ralf Bronnenmeier

1070 Navajo Drive

Bluffton, OH 45817