From: Jon Socolof <jsocolof@ershire.com>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2008 23:11:30 -0400
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>

Jeff,

I do apologize for the tone of my original post; it was not my intention to flame. The video was taken at an airport in the middle of no-where, surrounded by open farm lands. Our activities were coordinated with the airport manager, tower personnel and local parachute jump school prior to the flight. I’m sorry you don’t really understand the rules that apply and cited the wrong FAR in the situation in the video. “Touch and Go Stop and Go, Low Approach (Practice Low Approach)” and “cleared for the option” are absolutely legal and as in this case authorized. See Section 4-8-12. BTW there was no flying over any houses. I’m sure as a Designated Examiner you use these authorized approaches all the time for training purposes.

Jon