From: Steve & Kelly Rosenzweig <krosenzweig@socal.rr.com>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Spinner Backplate Needed
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 05:53:26 -0400
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>
I recently accomplished my annual on my 360 MKII and found the spinner backplate was terribly cracked at all four attach points to the prop hub.  I was certainly happy to find this before it departed the airplane on it's own, but I wasn't happy when the factory told me the part is on back order with no due date in sight.

The mechanic at first did not want me to fly it out without the spinner, but after conferring with Hartzell and the factory, both said it would be no problem.  So I flew 30 minutes to get home with no problems in cooling or vibration.  Didn't even really notice any reduction in speed due to added drag.

Anyway, I'm hoping someone out there might have an extra spinner backplate that's not drilled, or a matched backplate and spinner assy.  I have a HC-F2YR-1F constant speed prop and believe the spinner mounting kit p/n is A2476-31 according to my prop log.  Just for reference, my spinner backplate is 11 3/4" dia and the dome is 12 11/16" tall.

I'd be happy to pay any reasonable price.  Feel free to email me off line at steven_rosenzweig2002@yahoo.com if you have parts for sale.

If nothing else, this is an important item to check regularly.  TTAF and engine are only 345 hrs for this plane that began flying in 2004.  I also have two entries in the prop log book showing one dynamic balance accomplished to .013 IPS and another to .03 IPS.

thanks

Steve