From: Jay M. Sabot <jsabot@oxforditconsult.com>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Mounting Light speed ignition prop sesor on Continental / Legacy
Date: Sat, 05 Jul 2008 07:58:36 -0400
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>

I am having difficulty with the mounting of a Lightspeed Ignition prop sensor over the baffling on my Cont 550N in my Legacy.

In my installation, the prop sensor mounting plate is not laying flat due to the overlapping engine baffling. I have added shim washers to correct for this, but the prop sensor mounting plate is still uneven and the magnet is striking the sensor at one point. I have tried gently bending the mointing plate but this has not worked.

If I remove the seal retainer, this will give me some additional clearance and I can then add shim washers as needed.

Wondering if others have omitted the seal retainer or if there is better solution.

Thanks all….

Jay M. Sabot

Legacy N26XY