From: <mquinns@aol.com>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Taxi Engine Temps
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 14:31:17 -0400
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>
   At Sun-n-fun this year, I was forced to do a twenty minute taxi which resulted in cht in the 375 degree range and oil temperature around 225 degrees. This is my first experience with extended taxi and I had no idea on a warm day, the engine can get so hot. I have been closely watching taxi temps since then (I live in Florida) and can immediately on landing see temps climbing. My next door neighbor has an RV-8 that does exactly the opposite. When he lands his cht drop significantly and his oil temp drops 30 degrees.
   Is there some mod than can address the lack of air movement through the inlets on my 360. I have mounted an industrial fan on the back side of my seventeen row oil cooler to pull air through but the the improvement is more slowing the temperature rise that eliminating it. Any ideas would be appreciated other than stop flying in warm weather!

Mark Quinn
Daytona Beach
Lancair 360.