From: <gerardoconnell@optusnet.com.au>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: safety gear
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 01:39:44 -0400
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>
Call me paranoid but I've been considering carrying a rubber mallet or some other such tool with me when flying if not to shut up the guy next to me then it might come in handy for egress in an emergency.

I also was thinking a couple of cycle helmets might be useful for forced landings as head injuries seem to be common in crashes and may incapacitate the pilot. Cycle helmets are light weight and shouldn't be too difficult to carry around.

just my 2 cents worth

Gerard