From: Fly_fast <air.peter@googlemail.com>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Prop diameter
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2008 15:06:07 -0400
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>
Hello all,
I am building a 360 MKII and got an used Hartzell 2 blade prop, normally used for an IO360 with 76" of diameter. It is recommended to shorten it to 70" to 72".
What arebyour experiences with prop diameters, independently of manufacturer?
Disregarding recomendations due to engine vibrations, my biggest concern is prop clearance.
As every inch counts for efficiency, I do not want to pay for (often) repairs after ground contact.
Any hints (getting more clearance...) and recomendations are highly appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Peter 360 MKII, 90%