From: Dana Westphal <needforspeed01@cox.net>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: RE: Legacy crash - speculation
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2008 09:13:00 -0400
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>

I was at the Lancair factory a few years back and happened to talk to one of the test pilots who was doing the “fly off” on a Legacy.  I asked him how it was going and he said great, except for the canopy coming open in flight, apparently due to an improper adjustment of the over center latch.  Anyway, he handled the emergency well, but then again, he was a test pilot …

Dana