From: Fred Moreno <fredmoreno@optusnet.com.au>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: First flight - at last
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 12:31:50 -0400
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>

Gary Burns of Lancair IV around-the-world fame (1998) came out from Brisbane to Western Australia and completed the first flight in my Lancair IV shown below.  I was flying in an RV-6 chase plane.  We were indicating 180 in the RV and got left in the dust.  Gary started with the cowl flaps full open (photo below) to cool the new IO-550 EXP, but it was overcooling CHT and oil temperature at 75% full rich so Gary pulled the cowl flaps closed to warm things up a bit.  No door seal yet, and the air noise level was high, so the seal goes on ASAP.  After landing, we pulled the cowls off and had a close look at everything, and it all looked great.  We raised the ailerons a trifle and buttoned it up, and then the skies opened and dumped rain until dark.  We fly again tomorrow.   More photos to follow after a bit of cropping and compression.

Fred Moreno

Image
image001.jpg