From: <marv@lancair.net>
Subject: Re: Armrest - LNC2
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2008 21:03:36 -0400
To: <lml>
Posted for "George Shattuck" <sgs@plantationcable.net>:

A few weeks ago there was some discussion about armrests. Here is a picture
of mine. It is six inches down from the canopy edge measured at the center of
the armrest. I made a 90 deg. bracket out of an aluminum piece I had laying
around. I drilled several holes in the side I bonded to the canopy side for
lightening and holding fast. It is in place with epoxy/flox then a two BID,
then foam and upholstery. I recommend an armrest. It works for lifting the
body for squirming around to relieve the buttox.

I must say that the small area behind the center glove box has become mush
where I put my other elbow in the lifting and squirming maneuver. I plan to
retrofit a much stronger spot there, and it must be a lightweight metal core
with some BIDS/foam.

George Shattuck
N320GS
1200 plus hours