From: Alan Adamson <aadamson@highrf.com>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: RE: [LML] headset noise
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2008 00:13:36 -0400
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>
Dan,

While this might be a red herring.... Did you check the squelch adjustment on your audio panel?  The reason I mentioned this... A friend has and RV7 with a 340 Garmin audio panel in it... We spend 6 months tracking down why he had noise at certain flight configurations and not in others when ever another headset was plugged into the copilot side.

Sheesh, after just stopping and thinking about it and *reading* the darn manual, we figure out the squelch adjustment, twisted the knob and no more noise (expect for when someone was talking on that headset).

Might not be your issue, but worth a quick check I would think.

Alan Adamson
Legacy FG - Carbon, 550

Sent: Saturday, April 05, 2008 8:34 AM
To: lml@lancaironline.net
Subject: [LML] headset noise

Can anyone help me with a problem with headset noise in my Lancair IVP.

The pilot and copilot have Bose 7(?) conductor plugs for the Bose headsets.  In the rear I have the regular 2 plug connections for the headsets.  I still need to do some further testing but it seems when noise canceling headsets are used in the rear a great amount of static is created in the Bose up front.  If the "talk" plug is disconnected in the rear the noise goes away.  It doesn't seem to cause a problem when standard non noise canceling sets are used in the rear.  Does anyone know what the problem is?

Thanks

Dan Reagan
IVP 500+ hours