From: Jeffrey B. Chipetine <abcrental@erols.com>
Subject: brake lines, gas strut in nose gear
Date: Sun, 06 Sep 1998 07:38:12 -0400
To: <lancair.list@olsusa.com>
Cc: <abcrental@erols.com>
         <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<--->>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
          <<  Lancair Builders' Mail List  >>
          <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<--->>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Those of you wishing a source for stainless steel braided teflon brake
lines may wish to look to the motorcycle racing industry.  If memory
serves, Kawasaki, Ducati, Cagiva, and some other brands all utilize
hoses of this type.  There are many M/C racing catalogs that offer these
products.  As many of you seem to be on the West Coast, I would start
with Vance and Hines of California.  Their number can be found in the
classified advartising section of any performance Motor Cycle
magazine...(I've been out of it for a few years, 40 years old, snow on
the roof, and a little bit smarter...so I don't have the Phone #). Those
in other areas should check their local high performance motorcycle
shops and ask for the Racing Hardware Brake Parts supplier/catalog.  The
Ducati and Cagiva lines always looked to be of tremendous quality  I
know they reach HUGE temperatures through repetitive application cycles
as road racing demands.Because of a racer's obsession with reducing
weight, these are light and strong.Be careful to specify stainless or
aluminum as your needs dictate, and check stainless/aluminum grades to
ensure compatibility with your other fittings. Also be advised that some
racing bikes use different fluids so check to ensure fluid compatibility
as well. Good luck to all.....JBC