From: Tom Gourley <tom.gourley@verizon.net>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [LML] Re: VM1000
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 09:53:02 -0400
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>
This is interesting.  I've heard a lot of complaints about JPI's support, or lack of, for the VM1000.  Then I opened the April issue of Kitplanes and there's a full page ad inside the front cover for the VM1000C.  JPI is keeping the Vision Microsystems name alive.  At the bottom of the page it says "Vision Microsystems Inc. a J.P. Instruments Company".  However on further inspection of the ad I noticed that the VM1000C doesn't look quite like the original VM1000.  In fact, it looks a lot like JPI's EDM900.  I'm guessing that they're supporting the VM1000C as it's probably an EDM900 in disguise where the VM1000 is a completely different box.

Tom Gourley