From: Janie & Ed Smith <2luv2fly@cox.net>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: IV-P Empty Weights
Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2008 21:46:05 -0500
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>
Saturday Evening
3/1/08

Group,

I was wondering what range of empty weights the finished airplanes (IV-P's) are having.  We have done a preliminary weighing of our IV-P with TSIO-550, Hartzell prop and AeroCool air conditioning and are coming in around 2400 lbs.  I asked Charlie Kohler what he was seeing and he mentioned that 2250 lbs was the "norm", but I didn't mention air conditioning when I asked the question.

I also saw a post from Jeff Liegner some time back and noted that his gross weight was 3800 lbs, which is what I had in mind.

So, I would appreciate any input from you guys who have "been there - done that".  Sounds like I built a "heavy" airplane, but not much I can change now - except build another one!  <grin>

Thanks in advance.

Ed Smith
Chesapeake, VA
N9JE