From: Richard T. Schaefer <schaefer@rts-services.com>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: RE: [LML] Overvoltage
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 17:30:54 -0500
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>
If you have a bad alternator, that truly is causing an over voltage then
removing this could allow an over voltage on the bus. A good battery
connection will limit the amount of over voltage (it will sink the current).
Most of the electronics are only qualified for a few seconds of severe over
voltage. If you have a external voltmeter and verify status is should be OK.
Kill the alternator field if you see significant over voltage.