From: Bryan Wullner <vonjet@gmail.com>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [LML] Re: Outback Gear
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 11:24:59 -0500
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>
Gerard,
Im not sure Im understanding this.......We have tracked down the problem to the inner gear door as well.  But I do not understand how you fixed it.  You said to adjust the sequenciing as to get the outboard door to shut first.....but isn't this the only way the system works anyway?

The outboard door is attached to the gear leg so when the gear goes up the outboard door goes with it.. then the inner door shuts.

How does your fix work differently?

Bryan

On Jan 28, 2008 12:42 PM, <gerardoconnell@optusnet.com.au> wrote:
Bryan I had the outback gear retro fitted and it seemed to work well for a while but then I had  an unexplained noise coming from the "somewhere outside".

It took months to figure out exactly where from and it wasnt until Dominic (another lister) flew underneath that we tracked it to the left main gear door slightly cracked open. The problem is that the rear of the door does not close properly.

The easiest fix was to extend the inner gear door such that it overlaps the outboard door and  gets some "purchase" to stay closed. The sequencing must be adjusted such that the outboard door closes first.

Hope this helps

Regards

Gerard

--