From: <gerardoconnell@optusnet.com.au>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [LML] Outback Gear
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 15:42:06 -0500
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>
Bryan I had the outback gear retro fitted and it seemed to work well for a while but then I had  an unexplained noise coming from the "somewhere outside".

It took months to figure out exactly where from and it wasnt until Dominic (another lister) flew underneath that we tracked it to the left main gear door slightly cracked open. The problem is that the rear of the door does not close properly.

The easiest fix was to extend the inner gear door such that it overlaps the outboard door and  gets some "purchase" to stay closed. The sequencing must be adjusted such that the outboard door closes first.

Hope this helps

Regards

Gerard