From: Robert Pastusek <rpastusek@htii.com>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: RE: [LML] Fuses Vs. Breakers
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2007 09:46:33 -0500
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>

Dennis Johnson writes:

By the way, what is the reason for using breakers for high current devices like the hydraulic pump if other circuits are protected by fuses?

Dennis,

My rationale for using a circuit breaker on the hydraulic pump is to be able to power it down in flight if needed. There are several hydraulic/electrical system failures that will cause the pump to run continuously. This will destroy it in pretty short order; hence the ability to power it down if it tries to keep running…  The trim system was the only other thing that I thought about powering down if a component failed, but I put that one on a switch.

BOB