From: Douglas Brunner <douglasbrunner@earthlink.net>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: First Flight N241DB
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2007 21:18:06 -0500
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>

On Tue 11/6 Legacy N241DB took flight in Redmond OR.   Dave McRae was at the controls.  First flight was uneventful

I would like to thank all of those who helped me during my build including:

  • The folks at Lancair for designing this great plane, helping me during my weeks at their build shop and helping with parts and advice afterwards.
  • Mark Mahnke for his wisdom, good advice, patience and sense of humor.
  • Mark’s “crew” (Mark Mason, Steve, Cameron and J.C.) for their help and for putting up with me and my “jokes”.
  • Rhonda and Allen Barrett for my engine – dyno tested and delivered when promised.
  • Redmond Air for my panel, and for standing by me through D2 problems.
  • Dave McRae and Sam for engine install and flight testing.
  • Don Barnes for inspiring me with his beautiful website.
  • The advice and support of the LML
  • And last but not least, my wife Elle for her help and support
Doug Brunner

P.S. Pictures coming after I figure out how to format them for the LML