From: Michael Newman <mnewman@dragonnorth.com>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: RE: Speeds at Altitude
Date: Sat, 03 Nov 2007 22:05:00 -0400
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>
Re: Speeds at Altitude
My cabin pressure runs about 9K at FL250 about 5 pounds differential. I run LOP this is required to keep the TIT temperatures in reasonable range. It is possible to be very rich of peak at slightly more power but I don't like the range at 20+ GPH (don't fly there and don't have exact numbers). My experience with pressurization was that I had leaks around the door seal. I added some foam for the seal to seat against and the door seals better and I am now able to get 5 pounds. If you can not get 5 pounds I suspect there is a leak.

I climb at 30 to 31 inches 2500 rpm to get to FL 250. I manage my airspeed to maintain CHTs at 400 degrees (or less) I can only climb 800 to 1000 fpm continuously at about 160 to 180 kts depending on temperature. I can climb faster for short periods. The power is there, with better engine cooling faster climb at lower airspeeds would be possible.