From: Jeffrey Liegner, MD <liegner@earthlink.net>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: Electrical Issue (Batteries Used)
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 20:00:03 -0400
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>
Re: Electrical Issue (Batteries Used)
My BUSS A battery is the Odyssey PC925 which is ideally suited to engine cranking (starter) and hydralic pump recharging.  It produces cranking amps of 925 amps (5 sec) and really spins the prop.
        Dimensions:   6.56" L x  6.92" W x  4.96" H
        Weight: 24.5 Pounds

My BUSS B battery is the Genesis G26EP and has a slower (and thus lower) discharge rate compared with the PC925, and is not functionally suited for cranking, but better for avionic-support discharge (in the absence of alternator recharge).  A slower discharge rate.
        Dimensions:   6.56" L x  6.92" W x  4.96" H
        Weight: 22.3 Pounds
http://www.enersysreservepower.com/documents/US_GPL_SG_001_0303.pdf

Both are the same size and are made by the same company (Hawker).  Both are much smaller than the Concorde, and weigh the same.

Both Buss's are separate and independent, only tied via a Buss Tie protected switch on the panel.  I use the split Cessna red ALT-BATT switch to control each Master Buss.

B&C who provide our alternators' voltage regulators unofficially like the Hawker batteries best, based on private conversations with them.

Jeff Liegner
New Jersey LIVP N334P

I have an Odyssey Drycell PC 925 battery (http://www.odysseybatteries.com/battery/pc925.htm). I purchased it from B &  C, on their recommendation, as the BC100-1
     (http://www.bandc.biz/cgi-bin/ez-catalog/cat_display.cgi? 4X358218).
Before that I had both Gill and Concorde batteries. Both of these  batteries lasted as little as 6 months and at most 2 years.

Lorn H. 'Feathers' Olsen, MAA, DynaComm, Corp.
248-345-0500, mailto:lorn@dynacomm.ws
LNC2, FB90/92, O-320-D1F, 1,300 hrs, N31161, Y47, SE Michigan

Posted for Steve Reeves <sreeves@sc.rr.com>:
.
Can you guys recommend a good battery? I think I have a Concorde in  at the
moment, but wouldn't mind going with the best option available (I  suppose like
the Optimas for autos). Thanks again.

Steve Reeves
Glasair 1FT 38SR