From: Bill Wade <super_chipmunk@roadrunner.com>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [LML] Re: Electrical Issue
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2007 12:07:02 -0400
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>
Thank you Sir-
                       I'm also thinking along the lines that ground points in composite planes are concentrated rather than being dispersed as in  metal planes. If the ground for the strobe happened to be connected to the same ground bus as the regulator ground, what then? Could the strobe discharge cause a temporary voltage rise at the ground bus and what might the effect be on the regulator?  -Bill W

Sky2high@aol.com wrote:
In a message dated 10/7/2007 9:42:16 P.M. Central Daylight Time, super_chipmunk@roadrunner.com writes:
Voltage sensing is in reference to ground- if the ground varies (stray
voltage) it can also cause problems. In my case I think the shield
provided an alternate ground path that differed from the primary ground
connection.

  Where are the strobes grounded?
Super,

That is a super analysis.  Yes, loose connections and ground loops - time for a visit to the "Which" Doctor.........

Grayhawk