From: Jack Cowell <jackcowell@optonline.net>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [LML] Re: Backup DG equivalent
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2007 12:07:02 -0400
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>
The earlier TruTrak (pre Sorcerer) has the magnetometer and it is adjustable if the reading gets out of whack. It can also serve as autopilot guidance if you don't want to or can't use either GPS or DG signals to it.

On 10/8/07, Tom Gourley <tom.gourley@verizon.net> wrote:
Mike,

Which TruTrak autopilot do you have?  I looked through the Sorcerer documentation and could find nothing on an internal magnetometer.  I've also done a Sorcerer installation in a Legacy and don't recall anything about a magnetometer.  TruTrak does have internal gyros.  The Sorcerer operating manual states that if GPS data is lost the track function switches to bank; i.e. it uses its internal gyros to maintain bank.  The autopilot function of the ADI Pilot also switches to a gyro backup mode if GPS data is lost.

Tom Gourley