From: <Sky2high@aol.com>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [LML] FW: [LML] FW: [LML] 360 engine baffling installation
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 20:03:07 -0400
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>
In a message dated 9/21/2007 3:54:48 P.M. Central Daylight Time, LHenney@charter.net writes:
I have the 10:1 Lycon pistons.  He says they generate 200HP.

Larry

PS?  Does MP and rpm with a known prop give enough data to know power?  30"
@2700 rpm?  I seem to remember extrapolating off engine power charts.

Larry, Larry, Opie,

Big deal.  I frequently operate at 30" MAP and 2700 RPM.  Do you think my 9:1 320 generates the same HP as your Hinky 10:1 360?

George and Walter will tell ya that given the fuel consumption and engine efficiency, ya just might be able to guesstimate a HP range.  Of curse, then we have to translate that to thrust, thus the prop VooDoo secrets, pitch and efficiency might get you something you can use.  Otherwise, just shove everything to the firewall and shut your eyes.........................

Say, I forgot about EIs, timing, cam grinding, porting, polishing, exhaust tuning, dual dip sticks, race hub caps, alcohol and water (oh, that's tonight's cocktail), nitrous, injector tuning, etc. Yada, yada, yada.

Oh, you meant brake horse power.  BHP = (torque x rpm)/5252

Now, if we only knew the torque generated (surely your engine is producing more torque) we would have the thing knocked.

Grayhawk

PS oh yeah, special things added to your oil can reduce HP losses due to friction.

PPS Hypnosis makes all your problems go away.