From: John Schroeder <jschroeder@perigee.net>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [LML] Re: FW: Lancair ES Wing Fairings Fitting
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 06:12:27 -0400
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>
Tom -

Be sure to bevel the fairings where they meet the fuselage. It should start about 2 inches back from the edge and taper to an edge that is about 1/64". this will save you a lot of body work later on

John Schroeder
ES- Flying -160+ hours.

On Thu, 20 Sep 2007 22:55:11 -0400, Bill Hooker <slohook@charter.net> wrote:

Tom, leave the 1/8th inch and cover it with gap tape before first flight.
That is important for stall characteristics.
Bill Hooker
N414BH

  _____

Wallace
Sent: Thursday, September 20, 2007 4:37 PM
To: lml@lancaironline.net
Subject: [LML] FW: Lancair ES Wing Fairings Fitting

Hello Group,

I am just starting to install the wing fairings and find the manual (mine is
1999 vintage) a little confusing.  Seems like the manual directs you to end
up with a 1/8” gap between the fairing and the wing skins.  I can’t find any
reference to filling this gap later.  Seems to me that I’ve never seen a
plane with a 1/8” gap between the wing skin and fairing.  I was thinking
that maybe the wing skin should slide into the fairing ¼ - ½ “ however that
type fit would probably abrade the paint on the wing area…?????  Hope
someone can give me some guidance that’s been here already.

Any help on fitting the fairings to the wing skin would be greatly
appreciated.

Blue skies,

Tom Wallace

tlwcfii@yahoo.com