From: Matt Hapgood <matt.hapgood@alumni.duke.edu>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: RE: [LML] ARO-TEK hydraulic cylinder LNC2
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 11:15:40 -0400
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>

Lancair switched to Wolstenholme (or something like that).  Don’t know that they are better, just a different company.  They don’t have any mains in stock right now – I just tried to order one.

I recently overhauled my cylinders and then developed a leak.  I think an o-ring must have been damaged in the rebuild.

Sent: Tuesday, August 28, 2007 12:55 AM
To: lml@lancaironline.net
Subject: [LML] ARO-TEK hydraulic cylinder LNC2

I have a Lancair 320.  I just found a leak coming out of the end of the left main hydraulic cyl on the high side.  It is not coming out of the fittings, it's actually coming out of the end where the stop jam is.   It's just a small leak but I rebuilt this cylinder once already cause I thought there was an internal leak so my opinion is this is a defective cylinder.

There is a label on it saying ARO-TEK from Washington State.  The new cylinders on the Aerocraftparts.com website look different so I'm wondering if Lancair switched to a better replacement cylinder.

Anyone know?  I just don't want to drop another couple hundred bucks if I don't have to.

Thanks.

Matt