From: Neal Garvin <nrgarvin@comcast.net>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: RE: [LML] Re: Velcro
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 00:54:46 -0400
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>

If you don’t want Velcro to come off the surfaces it is stuck to – ever: use non-sticky back type from a fabric store. Sew it to a piece of material (I used old blue jean material) leaving about ½ to 1” extra material around the periphery of the Velcro. Glue this material to the structure with contact cement and it will stay put. The idea is to move the glued down edge where “peel” will start away from the peeling force and to spread the load. I’ve had it holding cushions, center console pad, carpets, etc in the airplane for 10 years with no problems.

Sent: Monday, August 27, 2007 8:00 AM
To: lml@lancaironline.net
Subject: [LML] Re: Velcro

I bought my high strength Velcro at Home Depot Aircraft Supply.  The weak point of most Velcro is the adhesive back.  I now buy Velcro without adhesive and use 5 minute epoxy to attach it.

Mike Easley