From: Thomas O'Grady <ogrady@gci.net>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [LML] iPod Hard Drive Crash
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 18:02:05 -0400
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>
The Nano has a flash memory, not a hard drive, so it is not affected.

Tom
N241DM

On Aug 27, 2007, at 1:42 AM, Douglas Brunner wrote:

I just got an iPod and loaded it up with some of my favorite tunes (yes I know your kids and mine are way ahead of me)  My plane has an audio panel with accepts a jack from a cell phone or an iPod and I hope to be able to listen to music in flight.

A while ago there was a thread on hard drives breaking down at altitude due to the decrease in cushioning air between the disk and the read/write head.  I understand that the iPod is based on a hard drive - will the same thing happen to an iPod?  At what altitude?  Anyone with any experience?

D. Brunner