From: Micah Froese <micah@froese.com>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [LML] Re: wing leak
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 17:05:40 -0400
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>
It seems I was somewhat unclear.  Body work and primer only helped the packing tape seal on the wing.  It was hard to get the tape to seal on raw carbon.

Micah Froese

Kyrilian Dyer wrote:
I agree about the large volume.  I probably didn't properly account for this change.
I've taped the leading edge and checked all holes, packing tape edges, fittings and distinct joints with soapy water and a chip brush.  Perhaps it's leaking so little that I didn't notice the bubbles, or in a place I didn't check.  Did priming and body work change the results of your air leak-down tests?

Micah Froese <micah@froese.com> wrote:
Wing has a lot of volume, this can make the balloon inflate/deflate with changing temperature or pressure.   Also I had a lot of problem with packing tape, seems air always found an escape path in the carbon that wasn't body worked and primed.  As for finding leaks, just use soapy water and a chip brush, leaks will bubble up.