From: Dave Saylor <Dave@AirCraftersLLC.com>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Apologies to Newton
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 18:47:17 -0400
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>
OK, I spent way too much time figureing this out but isn't hitting the ground at 1500fpm like being strapped in the plane while it gets pushed off a 9.7 foot cliff?  I think I've done landings close to that, and reused the airplane.

Dave Saylor
AirCrafters LLC
140 Aviation Way
Watsonville, CA
831-722-9141
831-750-0284 CL
www.AirCraftersLLC.com

Sent: Wednesday, August 15, 2007 6:25 AM
To: lml@lancaironline.net
Subject: [LML] Apologies to the farmer's daughter

Guys --

Richard Titsworth pointed out to me that the 25 foot-per-second descent rate with a BRS *is* 1500 feet per minute.  Gee, I get the "turkey of the day" award...

Anyway, they claim that 25 fps (1500 fpm) is survivable.  They told us that they want the airplane to land slightly nose down.  If we were going to land tail first, they would have insisted on head-rest-type protection features.

You know, 25 fps didn't sound all that fast to me, but 1500 fpm seems pretty darn fast to be crunching into the ground.

- Rob Wolf