From: James H. Keyworth <jhk@clearwire.net>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Terminal velocity
Date: Sun, 05 Aug 2007 20:10:39 -0400
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>
I wrote: "Terminal Velocity for a human is between 115 and 120 mph.  According to Newton and Galileo, anything else (not in powered dive) should fall at the same rate. N'est ce pas?"

After reflecting on followup posts I agree: the "n'est ce pas" would have to be "pas".  Drop height and atmospheric density and "streamlining" are important considerations.

I remember now reading of Capt. Kittinger's remarkable feat; what stuck in my mind was how he (while in the balloon capsule) could feel turbulence from thunderstorms 12 to 15 miles below him!

JHK