From: Chuck Jensen <cjensen@dts9000.com>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: RE: [LML] Re: What causes stall/spin -- Why do so many engines quit?
Date: Sun, 05 Aug 2007 13:53:12 -0400
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>
Message
If they are so easy to avoid, it kind of makes you wonder why the keep happening?

Chuck Jensen

 I attended an FAA session at Osh Kosh entitled "Surviving Forced Landings."  According to their statistics, 43% of all forced landings were due to either fuel exhaustion or fuel starvation (using the exact terms Bill described).  Another 6% were due to carb ice.  So in total, nearly half (49%) of all forced landings should be fairly easy to avoid.

Scott Seagrave
L-IVP     N721MS (reserved)

Bill & Sue <5zq@cox.net> wrote:
Actually Tom, fuel starvation ONLY covers those instances where there is
fuel on board. If there's no fuel left it's fuel EXHAUSTION.

Bill Harrelson
N5ZQ 320 1,400 hrs
N6ZQ IV under construction

--