From: Michael D Smith <msmith1@mr.net>
Subject: Propellor Deice
Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2000 23:45:12 -0600
To: lancair.list@olsusa.com <lancair.list@olsusa.com>
         <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<--->>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
          <<  Lancair Builders' Mail List  >>
          <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<--->>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I found an electric prop deice system from a Bonanza A36, a
factory installed system off a 550 engine.

I haven't bought it yet, but I am wondering if anyone out
there has been down that path of putting prop deice on their
4's.  I would be interested in seeing what pitfalls lie
ahead.  As an aside, I called the folks in warm southern
California, of all things, who are working on the airframe
deice system for the 4.  They said it about ready to go.
They just need to test it in the Boeing ice tunnel, and all
they need is three months, and then all they need is to set
a price, and then....Heck, I offered to tie the wing to the
top of my Suburban and drive down the road with the wiper
washer hysoled on, any time, like now would be OK, for a
known ice condition.

It gets pretty cold up here in Minnesota, as you might have
guessed, so we have somewhat of an extended icing season.
Well, let me take that back, I am getting harsh as it does
let up in July and sometimes August.

I do appreciate your thoughts.

Michael D Smith

LML website:   http://www.olsusa.com/Users/Mkaye/maillist.html