From: Randy L. Hartman, Jr. <randy@aoaircrafters.com>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: KOSH Lancair parking
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 22:33:24 -0400
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>

I am bringing my Lancair 360 to AirVenture for the first time this year.  I have arrived many times in my Long EZ and always knew just where to park my bird.  Homebuilts used to be able to park most anywhere but now EAA has mandatory parking areas for homebuilts.  I will be parking in the Homebuilt-Parking (not camping) for the week unless someone can tell me about a more preferred place where Lancairs gather.  I have seen many parking near the Lancair tent in the past.  Is this still permissible and is there permission that needs to be acquired from Lancair to do so?

I’ll be using the 2300 MSL / 135 knot route for my approach to KOSH.  I have made it a habit to arrive early in the morning and the traffic never seems to be heavy just after airport opening, making the arrival less stressful.

Randy