From: Gigliotti, James M CTR USA <james.gigliotti@us.army.mil>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Need to bleed the brakes on Lancair 320
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 18:03:45 -0400
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>
Need to bleed the brakes on Lancair 320

Hello folks,

I've got air in my right side brake system.  What's the best way to get it out?

I was told by the builder to put a tube on the fitting on the brake cylinder (at the wheel), crack open the fitting and force the fluid in from the bottom.  He told me to wrap a towel around the cylinder attached to the pedal mechanism to catch fluid that would be overflowing from there.  It that the best way?  The builder also told me there is a reservoir between the pedals.  I had to lengthen the rudder cables, and I don't remember seeing a reservoir down there.  If there is a reservoir, wouldn't it be best to keep it full, pump the pedal a few times to pressurize the line (and hold the pedal down), then crack the fitting at the wheel open to force the air out that way?

Thanks very much for all advice,

Jim.

LNC2, N91LS, Dothan Alabama