From: Brent Regan <brent@regandesigns.com>
Subject: Re: Zehrbach-LPE issue
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 1999 08:00:52 -0800
To: Lancair List <lancair.list@olsusa.com>
         <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<--->>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
          <<  Lancair Builders' Mail List  >>
          <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<--->>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I did receive a package from Darus as promised. The package consisted of:

Cover letter
6 White Papers authored by Zehrbach touting the advantages of various
products.
2 testimonial letters.

About 20 pages total printed by an ink jet sorely in need of a new
cartridge. The claims stated for increased performance and decreased fuel
burn were "fantastic". There was no independent test data presented.

There was one page whose information I could confirm. It seems Darus is
offering GR batteries (excuse me LPE batteries) for aircraft. The
performance numbers listed closely matched the specifications for the
Panasonic batteries I found in the Digi-Key catalog. The specifications only
diverged on the price, DigiKey $41, Darus $92.

The cover letter did state that 100+ pages of data would be on the way to
Marv in December (although he did not state which December).

I also know that he threatened another member with a law suite for slander.
Go figure.

I am only posting this because the question was asked. I would urge everyone
to resume our moment of silence until the "Data" is presented.

Wishing all of you blue skies and tail winds in the year 2000!!

Brent

LML website:   http://www.olsusa.com/Users/Mkaye/maillist.html
Builders' Bookstore:   http://www.buildersbooks.com/lancair