From: <mmcmanus@grandecom.net>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [LML] Re: TO-360 Up Draft
Date: Sun, 20 May 2007 23:35:06 -0400
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>
Whoa, sorry to step on a cadaveric horse.  I'm not an A&P, but I suspect the
keyword for those A&Ps that disagree is "...maintained IAW..."  So when it is
operated outside of compliance, then recompliance means overhaul....

Whether or not that's true, the reality is that what a lot of A&Ps, IAs, and
FSDO folks think it's true.  So if your airplane is at their shop, or you're in
their district, well you know the rest.

I don't want to defend that position (I don't like it), it is just that the
owner of the 360 needs to be aware of that when he tries to sell it. It would
be simpler if he can find someone with an experimental to sell it to.

Matt McManus
LNC2 360

Quoting VTAILJEFF@aol.com:

> In a message dated 5/20/2007 9:50:41 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
> mmcmanus@grandecom.net writes:
>
> It's my  understanding that if the engine has ever been changed in a
> non-certified  manner, ...it cannot be used in a certified airplane without a
complete overhaul.  >

From Jeff [snip]:
> That is NOT true. We have beaten this horse into the ground ...If you have a
regulation or advisory circular you can cite --then show me the  data.