From: John Huft <aflyer@lazy8.net>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [LML] Re: Taylor 100 RV Air Race
Date: Thu, 03 May 2007 22:27:49 -0400
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>
OK, Scott, let me understand...

You are willing to fly 218 miles from DuPage to Dayton for the Airventure Cup. And then you almost fly over your house on the way to Oshkosh. Long distance traveler!

But, 811 miles to Taylor, TX to race in the Taylor 100 is too far for you. Of course, you would then have to fly back home. Not "within reason" I guess.

But, in my lowly RV8, turbulent flow everywhere, I will fly to Dayton on my way to Oshkosh from Colorado. Gee, I guess I am not too bright. I used to fly to Florida to run the Sun 100 too (1425). 625 from Pagosa Springs to Taylor TX.

Anything for a race I guess.

Pussy.

See you at the Air Force Museum, where you will owe me a beer.

John Huft (RV spy)
Race 18

Sky2high@aol.com wrote:
In a message dated 5/3/2007 4:34:38 P.M. Central Daylight Time, cjensen@dts9000.com writes:
Maybe the Lancs are like the Harley Rallies.  There's always a lots of
great looking hardware dragging Main that everyone oogles over.  What
you don't see is the back lots full of the trailers used to haul 'em
there! May be a market for Lanc Haulers?  :-)

Chuck Jensen

Chuck,

What'ya fly'n?  A 152?

If'n ya got somet'n with a 320 in it, any time, any place (within reason, weather permitting).  If'n your engine is bigger, I'll still take ya on.

Larry would race ya even if he had to run along on the ground 'cause now his racer is in pieces.  Mark owns the Eastern Seaboard.  Why go and destroy the ego of a high powered RV flyer?  Oh, dat's right - it's fun.

The other quivering 200-330 series Lancair wusses I don't know about.  Seems they give up on climbout.

Chuck, see ya at the AV Cup race, right?

Grayhawk

See what's free at AOL.com.