From: Richard C Alden <rcalden@juno.com>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: Titanium bolts
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 15:53:38 -0400
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>
Bill

Don't know of any problems using titanium bolts.  We used lots of them at General Dynamics.  The problem we dealt with on the F-111 spoiler actuators was that the titanium cylinders didn't like the scuffing action  from the chrome-plated steel piston rods with the attendant bearing loads and a pretty aggressive duty-cycle.  (The spoilers were an integral part of roll control when the wing were forward of 45 degrees.)

Dick Alden
L320 N425A