From: Bill Wade <dhc1@gwi.net>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Titanium bolts
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 10:59:31 -0400
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>
 I've been thinking about using NAS titanium bolts in a IV-P and I know it couldn't be as simple as replacing with similar sizes.
 So far I've found a reference that warned about embrittlement by cadmium http://www.eaa1000.av.org/technicl/corrosion/ticad.htm . OTOH titanium appears to be favored for use with carbon composites due to corrosion resistence. Is galling the only concern with Fe contact or is there chemical interaction? Are there any other pro's and cons? Thanks very much-  Bill Wade

----- Original Message ----- From: "Richard C Alden" <rcalden@juno.com>