From: <marv@lancair.net>
Subject: Winter sightseeing in the USA?
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 11:37:39 -0400
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>
Posted for "Dominic V Crain" <domcrain@tpg.com.au>:

This question is a bit off the list, but hope Marv might allow a little
latitude.

My better half and I are thinking of spending a week over Christmas in NYC.
Basically to just do something a little different than the usual here. Never
seen or been in an area which might even look like a "white Christmas", and
from those Disney comics I used to read in the 40's and 50's it all looked
so attractive. Specially Scrooge diving into his money bin.

We then had an idea of doing some winter sightseeing in other parts -
perhaps the Grand Canyon et al.

It appears from travel agent reaction where we get strange stares when we
ask questions about what sort of winter tours we can do is - nothing.

Everything seems to shut down.

So wondered if anyone out there in LML land has any suggestion to fill in
ten days after Christmas sightseeing in the US without actually going as far
as the West Coast (going to Canada and the West Coast next month).

Ciao.

Regards

Dom Crain

VH-CZJ