From: <marv@lancair.net>
Subject: Re: [LML] Re: Gear Trouble( retraction issues)
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 19:27:17 -0400
randy snarr <randylsnarr@yahoo.com> wrote:

"""
One other point, all of this talk about pressures up and down due to temp
changes seem a little silly to me. I belive the non pressured side of the
system should always be at 0 with relief going back to the pump. That would
eliminate all of these issues in my estimation.
How to accomplish that is the question.
"""

You have hit the nail on the head, Randy.  Look at how the hydraulics work in the LIV and you find this exact scenario.  The pump only pumps in one direction and the hydraulic flow is controlled by a typical spool valve that manages which side of the circuit is pressurized, which side is the (0psi) return.  WIthout seeing the hydraulic schematic for the LNC2 pump, it seems to me that its internals should be accomplishing this same task... its failure to do so results in all these weird circuit pressurization problems that are being reported.

     <marv>