From: Zavatson, Christopher J (US SSA) <Christopher.Zavatson@baesystems.com>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: RE: [LML] Re: Gear Trouble
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 21:06:46 -0400
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>
Randy,
Perplexing...
While I have certainly noted the pressure in the low side rise and fall from thermal influence when parked in the hangar(up to ~1000 psi), I do not recall having the high side follow this trend.  In the extended position the lowest resistance path to the reservoir has been closed off.  Theoretically both sides could hold pressure, up to relief valve settings, if pressurized by some means.  The high side would lag very far behind since the entire high side circuit would be depressurized and hoses completely relaxed before any thermal influences would start building pressure.
I can run another hair dryer test on the bench similar to what I did to demonstrate the up-side behavior with thermal heating and cooling of the cylinders.  I'm not sure what to expect.
As far as momentary pump starts are concerned.  I have such an over-ride circuits built right into the panel.  They are nothing more than momentary push buttons that jumper across the pressure switches.  These were installed during the time of a previous generation of pressure switches which had a habit of sticking open.
Chris

Chris Zavatson
N91CZ
360std