From: Lancair <lancair@USTEK.COM>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: RE: [LML] Chelton Flight System Manual is a 10!!!
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 13:22:31 -0400
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>
Erik,

Don't want to sound like a "Dittohead" (perrish the thought) but I too have the Chelton with the GNS480 and it really bugs me to read that Chelton will autoload frequencies - except for the dummies who opted for the 480.  I will order Keith's 480 manual and look forward to reading on the LML any suggestions on use.

Robert M. Simon
ES-P N301ES

Sent: Monday, March 19, 2007 1:07 PM
To: lml@lancaironline.net
Subject: [LML] Chelton Flight System Manual is a 10!!!

Hi All:

Just got Keith Thomassen's Chelton Flight System Manual in the mail and I would have to agree (and then some) with the other posts, this manual is FANTASTIC in both content and presentation.

I fly an Airbus A-300-600 for FedEx with a Honeywell FMS/EFIS.... I wish we had something half as good as this presentation.

My Legacy also has a GNS-480 and notice Keith has a manual for this... I ordered it immediately just based on what I saw with his Chelton manual.

BTW.... is there anyone out there that is flying with the GNS-480 and Chelton that could provide any helpful hints as to how you use BOTH systems efficiently?  As there is no cross-fill available from one to the other, do you program each with a flight plan or use one predominately and the other as a standby or ???

Thanks for any advice you can share... I'm new to both systems with a LOT to learn!!

Regards,

Erik Larson

Legacy
N74FX